Shark fishing is one of the most exciting types of fishing trips you will ever be on. When visiting the Algarve region in Portugal, it is a must to try this! It is such a rush of adrenaline that you will remember this experience for the rest of your life. If you are afraid to go shark fishing in the Algarve, don’t fret. There are several charters that cater to tourists who like to experience shark fishing in Albufeira. You will be in good hands with these experienced fishermen guiding you throughout the process.
To ease your mind, it is important to know what to expect even before you board the boat. Here are some information you need to know before you book shark fishing in Vilamoura:
• Water temperature is a key factor when shark fishing. It is important to identify the ideal temperature for identifying a good spot to do shark fishing in the Algarve. According to experts, the April until mid to late June are the best shark fishing days in the Algarve. Make sure to do your research prior to booking a trip. Or, you can ask the expert for any recommendations based on the region’s climate. Read more at ALGARVEXCITE
• Getting yourself equipped with the right fishing tools is another important step to prepare for shark fishing. When you book via a company that charters tourists for a shark fishing expedition, you do not have to worry about securing your tools. The company will provide the shark rods, reels and tackles you need for the fishing trip. All you have to do is show up and you are good to go!
• Make sure your tackle is strong. You can expect sharks to weigh over 300 lbs. Therefore, your tackle should be strong enough to be able to catch a big and heavy fish without breaking. The coordinator for the shark fishing trip will provide you with proper orientation on how to use these tools for fishing. Make sure you pay attention to ensure that you are doing the process correctly.
• Follow the lead of your instructor. Whether this is your first time to go fishing or not, it pays to listen to and observe what the experts are doing. It is easy to get caught up in the excitement but you should never lose your focus particularly when doing something that you have not done before.
• Always observe proper safety guidelines. As part of the orientation prior to shark fishing in the Algarve, you will be informed on what you should and should not do while fishing. Always keep these pointers in mind. These guidelines are for your own safety; even though you are assisted by professionals, sharks can have unpredictable behavior so it is important that you know how to protect yourself.
If you are looking for a unique and exhilarating experience while traveling to Algarve in Portugal, you should definitely consider shark fishing. If you already enjoy fishing and want to take it to the next level, this is the best option available for you.
For more details visit http://www.algarvexcite.com/experience/shark-fishing.html